Exercise during pregnancy is highly beneficial for both the mother and child. It helps to keep the body strong and prepares the mom-to-be for labour and delivery. Regular physical activity during pregnancy can reduce the risk of gestational diabetes, excessive weight gain, and certain pregnancy-related complications6. It also helps to improve circulation, ease backaches, and boost mood and energy levels6. Even expectant mothers who work office jobs can perform something as simple as chair exercises for pregnancy as it can make a big difference. However, it is essential to engage in safe and appropriate exercises, like walking, swimming, or prenatal yoga, and to consult with a healthcare provider before starting any exercise routine.
1. Sit down and place your hands on your shoulders.
2. Roll your shoulders forward for 10 times to open up your shoulders & back.
3. Roll your shoulders the opposite way for 10 times to open up your chest, now.
1. While sitting down, extend your arms upwards, and extend one leg forward.
2. Pull down your arms, and your legs as well.
3. Repeat Step 1, but use a different leg this time.
4. Repeat Steps 1-2, and alternate between your legs, for 10 times.
1. Stand up and sit down.
2. Repeat this pregnancy workout 10 times.
*However, do be careful especially when the office chair in use has wheels.
1. Spread your arms to your sides, opening up your chest, and squeezing the muscles.
2. Bring them forward and clasp your hands together, to stretch your back.
3. Repeat Steps 1-2 for 10 times.
1. Gently suck in your belly and arch your back, then release.
2. Repeat this pregnancy stretch 10 times.
To address the specific needs of mums-to-be, maternal milk is often recommended as it helps balance both your and your child’s nutritional needs safely. We have formulated Frisomum® Gold with both mum and child in mind, and its unique Dual Care+ formula supports you on your pregnancy journey. Some of the vital nutrients that Frisomum® Gold provides you with include:
Vitamin D - Vitamin D is necessary for the absorption and utilisation of calcium and phosphorus1.
Calcium - Helps in the normal growth and development of bones and teeth2.
Vitamin B12 - Needed for red blood cell production and the healthy functioning of the nervous system3.
Folic Acid - Folic acid is essential for growth and division of cells. Folate plays a role in the formation of red blood cells. Folate helps to maintain the growth and development of the foetus4.
Iodine - Essential for the formation of thyroid hormones, which supports brain development5.
Low glycemic index - The glycaemic index (GI) is a rating system for foods containing carbohydrates. It shows how quickly food affects your blood sugar (glucose) level when eaten on its own. The low glycemic index (GI) could help the mother avoid being overweight during pregnancy.
When you consider pregnancy milk powder, it is also best to consider the origins of the milk, the process of manufacturing, and nutrient content as well as one which helps you control weight gain during pregnancy. Frisomum® Gold preserves the natural nutrients of the milk to give you what you need in your pregnancy journey. Now that you are aware of the importance of maternal milk/susu, check out what Frisomum® Gold has to offer now!