The Supermum Workout
Pregnancy might seem like a period to kick back and relax, but staying active during this time actually works out for the pregnant mum in the short and long term. Exercising boosts your energy, while helping you to sleep better and reduce aches that usually come with being pregnant. Become a Supermum and join in these exercises designed to enhance your strength and endurance, essential things to take note of when you go into labour!
You can use a pair of 1-2kg lightweight dumbbells for these exercises, or you can do the exercises without them too!
4. Come back up slowly, push with your heels and squeeze your glutes when you’re at the top.
5. Repeat Steps 3-4 10 for 10 times.
4. Release, and reverse the process to bring your arms down.
5. Repeat Steps 2-4 for 10 times.
4. Push back up slowly with your heels and don’t lock your knees.
5. Repeat Steps 3-4 for 10 times, before switching legs and repeating the whole process for another 10 times.
4. Spread your arms & dumbbells wide apart, and hold to squeeze your back muscles.
5. Bring them down and repeat Step 4 again.